Thursday, June 7, 2007

TAOS, NEW MEXICO

I spent the morning in Taos, New Mexico. The town of Taos is adobe style with a small plaza with trinket shops around. There are a few galleries. Then I went to the Taos Pueblo. I'd never been to a Pueblo before. Currently about 200 Native American people live (without electricity or plumbing).



Abiquiu/Ghost Ranch
In the afternoon, I took a tour of Georgia O'Keefe's home and studio in Abiquiu. Afterwards, I drove out to Ghost Ranch. The landscape along the way changes dramaticly.


2 comments:

Kate said...

WOW - Incredible photos!! how absoultely gorgeous. Actually the ghost ranch photos remind me of a Nancy Drew book I read recently that takes place in - (yes I know what you are thinking) I'm reading the whole Nancy Drew series :)

Kate said...

meant to say it takes place in New Mexico.